The following requirements are necessary in order for a member to transfer from one chapter to another. These requirements are necessary to protect the integrity of all chapters and to encourage that members adopt a responsible attitude with respect to leaving one chapter for another.
These requirements apply to all regions within BNI Canada.
In order to obtain a certificate of credit, one or more of the following conditions must be met at the previous chapter before being allowed to transfer into a new chapter and using membership time accounted for on a Certificate of Credit.
● Member has changed jobs.
● Member has moved more than 70 kms from their previous chapter location.
● Member has successfully recruited a new member to take their place. (The new recruit does not have to be in the same business category.)
2.1.1. Transferring Member Procedures
Procedures – Member Responsibilities
1. The Member intending to transfer may attend a Chapter meeting twice as a visitor.
2. A Member in good-standing requesting to transfer their membership to another Chapter must complete and submit a completed new Membership Application for Membership to the Vice President of the Chapter to which they wish to transfer.
3. The Membership Committee of the new Chapter processes the Membership Application as they would any new applicant and contacts the Vice President of the former Chapter to inquire about the transferring Member’s participation.
4. If the application is successful, the member must apply for a Certificate of Credit from the region’s head office within 60 days of leaving their previous chapter.
5. Transferring Member attends a Member Success Program within 60 days of approval of transfer if it has been more than six months since he/she last attended.
6. All transferring Members who meet the transfer conditions with less than 12 months remaining on his/her membership are required to pay a minimum one-year membership fee and will then be credited with the paid membership and any remaining months on the Certificate of Credit.
7. No New Member Registration Fee is required if transfer conditions are met; only the Membership Fee.
TRANSFER IS NOT AUTOMATIC – The Membership Committee is required to approve all transfers. Always submit a new Membership Application and include payment if you have less than 12 months dues credit.